A Message From Pastor Dennis
“Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
Grace and peace to you. This is how Paul the apostle started almost every letter he wrote recorded in the New Testament. Grace and peace to you.
On behalf of Hosanna – thank you Governor Walz for your leadership and thank you to the team of people who are working with you to mobilize Minnesotans to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.
Hosanna’s response to the weeks ahead includes:
- All Hosanna activities and events will remain canceled until further notice. In other words, as much as absolutely possible…stay home. Hosanna staff will also be working from home.
- Hosanna will hold ONLINE SERVICES ONLY. Please join us online for worship at Hosanna Main on Saturdays at 5:00pm, Sundays at 8, 9:30 & 11am and Wednesdays at 6:15pm, and at Hosanna Highland on Sundays at 10:00am. In addition to broadcasting these services on our website, they will also be on our Facebook Page.
- Hosanna has pre-recorded all services that you will view online now through Easter Sunday. Though recorded, pastors and staff will be chatting live during all worship services to connect with you.
- KTOE radio (102.7FM and 1420AM) will be broadcasting our worship services every Sunday at noon.
- Additionally pastors…and Elmo and Lynn too, have recorded a number of devotions that will come your way via our Facebook page.
- I will also continue to send out my weekly e-mail devotion.
- Over the next few weeks, someone from the staff or Governance Board will be giving you a phone call…just to check in and make sure you are okay.
- If you have an emergency you can call the church at (507) 388-1766 x 280 and leave a message on the emergency line. One of the pastors will reply as soon as possible.
- You can also e-mail us at email@example.com, and one of our pastors or teammates on staff will reply as soon as we can.
- Along those same lines, the hospital has informed us that no hospital visits are allowed, even by clergy, unless it is a life-threatening situation. In those cases, they will contact us.
- Especially during this time, please make use of our Prayer Wall on our website, where you can submit your prayer requests. I also encourage you to visit the prayer wall to pray for the requests listed there – when you click on “I prayed for this,” an e-mail will go to the person who posted the prayer request so they will know they are prayed for.
- You can also send your prayer requests through our app (search Hosanna Mankato to download), and those requests will go straight to the pastors.
- Finally, thank you for your generosity that makes it possible to keep connecting people to Jesus. You can Give Online, through our app or through texting “Give” to (507) 307-4149. If you prefer, you can also mail your offering to the church office at: Hosanna Lutheran Church, 105 Hosanna Drive, Mankato, MN 56001.
- Know that we are doing everything we can to cut our expenses back and be good stewards of the gifts you give online or through the mail.
Let me close with this thought…a sneak peek at our Easter message. If you read the Gospel writer John’s record of the first Easter, you will find the disciples of Jesus afraid and huddled behind closed doors. Sound familiar?
The first thing Jesus says to them when He shows up is: “Peace be with you.”
As you huddle behind your closed door…receive the peace of Jesus! ‘Grace…and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.’