Hosanna's Preschool first opened its doors in February, 2006 to eight students. In it's prime there were sixty students enrolled. This year our enrollment is at fifty students.
Like many around us the cost and resource demands it takes to operate a vibrant and growing preschool continues to increase. While we are very thankful for the efforts of our preschool staff and volunteers for the care they have provided to the students and families of our preschool program, we also recognize what is required to continue operating our preschool program.
Based on those future resource demands, the changing needs of the culture around us and our future vision, our church leadership team (Governance Board and lead staff) have made the decision to close our preschool program at the end of the current school year.
The decision to close the preschool was a long and hard process. The process included a review of Hosanna's vision, a review of each of our areas of ministry--including the preschool. We did consider making changes to the schedule and program and estimated the required cost and effort to make those changes. We then measured all of that against Hosanna's current and projected limited resources.
We ache over the inconvenience and disappointment this decision has caused preschool families and our preschool staff. We are doing our best to provide emotional, spiritual and employment assistance to our devoted preschool staff.
Through it all-we are learning how to trust the Lord when making difficult decisions. The Lord is always at our side-through hard times and good times. I am grateful He can take the hard and use it for His good in our lives and the lives of our children.
Sincerely in Christ,
Dennis L Heiden, Lead Pastor
Hosanna Preschool is licensed by Minnesota State Department of Human Services.
- Meet & greet
- Jesus time with songs, stories, and dance. Teaching moral values and spiritual concepts
- Story time: early literacy, vocabulary word and word wall
- Small group: Teachers develop a small group activity based on children’s interest, particular skills, materials, or content areas that suit children’s development and learning needs
Indoor/outdoor large muscle play
- Circle time: daily message, counting, ABCs, weather patterns and music
- Snack: Children begin with prayer and experience family-style eating while passing and pouring their own snack
- Centers: Blocks, science/discovery, library, dramatic play, writing center, sensory table, creative art, table time, math and manipulatives
- Ending circle
- Gather for prayers and goodbyes
In addition to the daily schedule of activities and experiences, students may participate in field trips, birthday celebrations, and sharing. There are designated days in which parents are invited to participate in preschool activities.
The school is in session September – May.
Ages 3 and early 4: Tue & Thur • 8:30-11:00 • $105 monthly
Pre-K (3-day): Mon, Wed, Fri • 8:15-11:00 • $140 monthly
Pre-K (4-day): Mon-Thur • 12:00-2:45 • $175 monthly
Preschool Director & Pre-K Teacher
3 Year Old Teacher
Assistant in the Pre-K & 3 Year Old Classes
Assistant in the Pre-K Classes
Assistant in the 3 Year Old Class